martes, 5 de octubre de 2010

Cali es salsa


Every year Cali hosts a world salsa festival. They have competitors from all over the city and world compete for an international title. We attended the Friday night elimination round. Then we head back for the finals on Sunday. When we entered the plaza on Sunday, a worker asked where I was going to sit, and I told him that I was going up to the seats in the stadium. He told me to follow him, and he guided us past the lines to an International “VIP” section. Since it is an “international” festival they wanted to make sure that they were internationally representing at their festival. Apparently, I look like a foreigner here, so we got to sit in the first row up from the floor where the dancers are. Being blond pays off sometimes! Since this was the finale, we saw the best of the best. The children’s groups that won the competitions performed. It was amazing to see children as young as five shaking their hips, moving their feet at light speed, and dancing in partners all in synchronization with their group. Then the adults performed. There were group dances to live Salsa bands and partner dances. They move so quick and gracefully that I thought my eyes were on fast forward. The music is just so lively that with the beautiful and passionate dance you fall into a trance. The seats were amazing, the costumes were exquisite, and the dancing was breathtaking! I love living in the Capital of Salsa!

Apparently, this guy is famous. So we asked a for a picture with him, but I still don't know who he is!

3 comentarios:

Sam Heather dijo...

Favourite line: "Apparently I look like a foreigner here". Thanks for the seats blondie!!

Also, I'm pretty sure we took a picture with Andres Toro. He's a famous actor in the hit tele novela "Sin tetas no hay paraíso" (Without boobs there's no paradise). Classy fellow, that one. Google it and tell me if that's him!!

Mandi dijo...

That's him! Now I want to see the movie...

Unknown dijo...

That dancing looks amazing!!! What a fun experience! Way to go, guera! :)